Christmas spirit, are you there? For the holiday season, Madame Rap launches a call for donations to help us highlight women and LGBT+ in hip hop!
Founded in January 2016, Madame Rap is an NGO that aims to highlight women in hip hop, show that rap is not the most sexist music, promote gender equality and fight against sexism and LGBT+(Lesbians, Gays, Bisexuals, Trans) -phobia through interviews of international artists, concerts, writing and awareness workshops for young people, and conferences.
By trying to open hip hop to a wider audience and fight stereotypes, we have two main goals: densify the social ties and create new ones and make the voice of women and LGBT+ people heard in this artistic and cultural movement. Between popular education and struggle for equality, Madame Rap offers and artistic and humanist approach beyond stereotypes and borders.
Why support us?
- to highlight women and LGBT+ in hip hop.
- to support an artistic, cultural, cultural, educational project made by volunteers.
- to see more female and LGBT+ rap artists in concerts, festivals and the media.
- to promote gender equality, fight against stereotypes, sexism and LGBT+phobia.
- to celebrate the diversity and richness of hip hop and rap.
- to make unknown artists more visible.